Thursday, February 26, 2009

All the 2008 Movies I Saw, Part 2

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Completely predictable, sappy, etc. I like Michael Cera but this movie was just dumb.

A lot of people didn't like this movie. I loved it. BUT I also objectively recognize that it was not a "great" movie. However, I played both the Max Payne video games, and this movie was 100% geared towards pleasing those who were fans of the video games. So in that sense, it was well done and achieved its goals as a movie.

Although I enjoyed this movie, it wasn't as good as I would have expected from a Edward Norton/Colin Farrell movie. I would rate its quality as "excellent for a made-for-TV movie." Bearing in mind, of course, that this movie was not made-for-TV.

If Saw IV hadn't been such a huge bounce back up from the abysmal Saw III, I wouldn't have even bothered watching this one. But I did. And it was, meh. The Saw movies are, in order of BEST to WORST:  Saw, Saw IV, Saw II, Saw V, Saw III. So basically, Saw V was the second-worst (or fourth-best) of the five Saw movies. Not too good.

I think we've all heard enough about this movie at this point that all I have to say is, "It was very good."

The rest of the November-December releases (that I have seen) coming in Part III (probably sometime towards the end of the week).

No comments: