Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winner!

I entered a contest for free BluRays from a DVD news site called TheDigitalBits.com and I in fact won something, for the first time ever. Yet my entry entitled me to various possible prizes, and I did not in fact win any BluRays, nor anything even resembling a BluRay. I won a statue (some may say it is rather a "statuette," though it most certainly is NOT a "figurine"). I am actually quite pleased and it now resides over my mantle. I have a nice digital camera, but it is out in the car, and I am relaxed right here. So, more on this developing story to come if I decide to put my shoes back on tonight.

Total time expired: 29 hours

UPDATE: I have a lower quality digital camera right here in my desk drawer, which actually has pictures of said statue on the memory card. I have a built in memory card reader on my CPU. BUT... the picture quality is not what I would like, and the camera is in my desk drawer, which is right below my keyboard yet it takes some degree of effort to open said drawer, remove said camera, take said camera out of its case, open the card slot, and remove said card. And then I'd have to reach all the way down to the CPU... The news? Not any closer to happening, going to collapse and watch Hardball and see if Chris Matthews' spittle can actually come through the screen. I need to start a countdown for this as well, but on the day Chris Matthews or his saliva touches me, there will be no need for a clock, because the whole world will know when I go nuclear on his white Irish ass (I know... "That's what she said. Or he said.")

UPDATE: I'm out of bed, back at the computer, but now it's too cold to go outside. Dinner time, then grading papers. My statue is pointing his lifeless finger at me accusingly, angry that his vestige has yet to grace the face of this here interweb, but I care not, for it is cold and I am still lazy.

UPDATE: Almost to 4 hours, and I'm full from dinner and happily grading, so it looks like the clock will continue to run. If I watch the statue long enough it looks as if it is slightly moving and I can hear it very softly hiss "Bagginssssssssssss..."

UPDATE: I have a package in the mail, and it has a tracking number. I may also take a picture of this package (I'll be wearing the item) when and if it ever arrives, to accompany the forthcoming picture to accompany this post. Please play along with me to track my package:

Use this tracking number @ USPS.com 420983599101805213907225811142

UPDATE:Now the wait will have to continue until tonight when I get home from work, and we'll see if I can remember to grab my camera as I enter the house, because we all well know once I'm inside and comfy, there's no coming back out to the car. Wish me luck, and perhaps one the clock strikes "24" I'll post the picture in honor of Jack Bauer's ceremonious return.

UPDATE: Just got home, time for dinner. I do in fact have a camera in my possession, but I need some food and drink before I have the strength to push the button and then transfer the image to my computer. I'm going to savor these final hours...

FINAL UPDATE: So it came down to 29 hours total. And here he is, the one and only thing I have ever won. I like to think he keeps the bad dreams away (though he didn't last Saturday). Now I just need a name for him...



8 comments:

Joe said...

The anticipation is killing me.

Joe said...

oh ... wait for it.... 10 minutes! By the time you get your shoes on and go outside to get your camera I will have chewed my nails down to my elbows.

Joe said...

dayyyyyyyyyyyam you be lazy.

Joe said...

Actually, at this point, I do want to see the statue. Get off your lazy ass and take a picture of it.

Joe said...

That is completely not what I was picturing, however that is indeed a Fantastic Prize.

You should probably name him Gobias.

Anonymous said...

So let it be known henceforth: I have a ringwraith, and his name is Gobias and he sleeps in my room.

Joe said...

I laughed, I cried.

What an epic. Just... epic.

Anonymous said...

Oh. Things like this are why I slept so little last school year. I now understand.