Friday, October 30, 2009

The Economics of Top Ramen

Today I purchased several packages of "Top Ramen". They were on sale at Fred Meyer for 10¢ each (the normal price? 14¢ each). Buying this got me thinking, how is possible that Top Ramen is SOOOO cheap? I mean there's the plastic, the little flavor pouch, the actual "ingredients", but then you also have to ship it across the ocean, pay the distributor, pay the retailer... it's amazing to me not only that I can purchase Top Ramen for 10¢ but that stores bother carrying it. Why? What are you making like a penny per pouch of Top Ramen sold? What's your motivation? Ohhhhhh these stomach grumbles are telling me why Top Ramen is so cheap....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I don't want to shop or cook this week. Ramen sounds like a great idea.