Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 4: San Francisco Part 3

Finished. Now on plane home. This morning checked out the Berkeley U of California campus and little hippie college town and can't say I was impressed, but it certainly had that great vibe good college towns/neighborhoods seem to have. Then spent the rest of the day finishing up my San Francisco excursion with breakfast in the Mission district at famous bakery called "Tartine." It was delicious. I got in last minute on the tour of the Anchor Brewery which was cool, and their summer beer, regular amber, and barleywine ales were all especially delicious. This was near Portrero Hill so I did some more walking and got some pics of the city from yet another angle. I then grabbed some authentic Mexican cuisine from a little hole-in-the-wall taquiera, and it was tasty. I wanted to try some more unique beer and see if I couldn't snag some specialty stuff to ship home with my checked luggage so I headed to the east side of downtown featuring the industrial district and the Giants' stadium AT&T Park to a place I heard of called City Beer. Much like Seattle's Bottleworks they have specialty beer for sale and a few selections on tap. I had a triple-aged Belgian from Agahash Brewing and loved it. Some golden, light, farmhouse-style Belgians have too little flavor or complexity but this had it all, plus some definite ABV value, so it was a sipper. I concluded the day and the trip with a walk down to the east side of the waterfront to see AT&T and the Bay Bridge.

Overall vacation grade: HELL YES A+ I COULD DO THIS AGAIN RIGHT NOW!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: